[gradsusr] Out of buffer space error - different from previous questions

Joe Nayo nayojoee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 02:13:47 EST 2019

Dear GrADS Users,

I am using OpenGrads 2.0.1 on windows installed using the superpack.exe.
When I display my data, I get the error ‘out of buffer space’. The figure
displays perfectly but does not get saved. In my search for a solution, I
found that this question was asked in the past but the solution offered here
<http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2011-December/031729.html> seems to
be specifically for GrADS users on linux because when I use the command
provided there
<http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2011-December/031729.html>,
OpenGrADS says ‘unknown command’. Another solution given here
<http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2012-May/032440.html> is to modify
the following files: (i) gxmeta.c (ii) gxsubs.c (iii) gxhpng.c but these
files are not available in the OpenGrADS installation. Does anyone know how
to get around this problem in OpenGrADS on windows?

Any help will be appreciated,
Joe.