[gradsusr] out of buffer space error

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 13 20:02:07 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to plot a multi-panel image.  Part way through the loops that
> plot the images I get this output: "out of buffer space".  I use printim to
> give me a GIF image of the multipanel plot, but the image is only half
> done.  Why is that?  What can I do to get the full image?  A sample image
> is attached.

You have exhausted the internal graphical buffer with the complexity of
your plot. There is a command line option "-m" that allows you to increase
the size of this buffer. Default value is 1000000, so try something like

% grads -m 3000000

and your plot should complete. Needless to say, make sure you have enough
RAM for this,

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva