[gradsusr] Fork with changes and notes for ubuntu 16.04

Stephen Woodbridge stephenwoodbridge37 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:55:21 EST 2019

Hi all,

I just pushed changes and notes for building GrADS 2.2.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.

https://github.com/woodbri/GrADS

It looks like the stuff I need to work is working for grads and gradspy,
but it is NOT tested beyond that and comes with not warranty, I'm
sharing in the hopes that:

1. it might be useful for others

2. if some uses it and can improve it or report bugs that would be good.

currently I have hacked configure.ac (and it needs a lot more of that)
and m4/ga_lib_readline.m4 and added an ubuntu directory with my
additional info on how I built it. Its still a messy HACK, but seems to
be working for me.

Best regards,

   -Steve

---