What is wrong in ctl fle?

Douglas Clark dbcl at CEH.AC.UK
Tue Feb 19 05:48:30 EST 2008

Simon,

Your temp1.ctl has 13 levels specified via ZDEF, but then under VARS it has
temp 0 99 temp (deg K)
in which the 0 means "a surface or single level field".
So I think this has the effect of meaning you can only see the z=1 (1000hPa) data if you use temp1.ctl.
Try
temp 13 99 temp (deg K)

I'm not sure exactly what your data are, but to me it looks like temp.ctl is OK, and temp1.ctl is wrong (whereas your message sounds like you thing temp.ctl is wrong - maybe you just got confused?!).

Doug

>>> shimon at CYCLONE.TAU.AC.IL 19/02/2008 10:06 >>>
Hi,

Please have a look at the three files attached. Both the  temp.ctl and
temp1.ctl describe
the same temp.dat but when using temp.ctl I obtain  same temperature
patterns for
set lev 1000, set lev 850 etc, whereas the patterns are different (what is
correct) when I look at the same
data with the temp1.ctl (set t 1, set t 2, etc).
What is wrong in my temp.ctl?

Simon

S.O. Krichak