[gradsusr] Drawing a symbol in a time-latitude plot

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:19:46 EDT 2019

'q w2xy (x) (y)' will convert world coordinates (x) and (y) [in your case,
a time and latitude coordinate] in the current plotting area into x,y
graphics window coordinates that you can then use to plot a symbol. I'm not
exactly sure how you specify the time coordinate, but try things like
"AUG01" or "AUG 1". If that doesn't work, try plotting the data and then
enter 'q pos' at the command prompt and click the mouse on the window where
you would want to see the plot and see what numbers it returns. That should
give you some idea of the required format in the 'q w2xy' command.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:29 AM Lyndz <olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear GrADS experts,
>
> I have a time (x-axis)--latitude (y-axis) plot.
> The dates ranges from January 1 o December 31.
>
> I want to draw a symbol at, say, 10N and at August 1.
> Is there a way to accurately access the correct x-coordinate of a specific
> date in this kind of plot?
>
> I'll appreciate any help.
>
> Sincerely.
> Lyndz

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO