[gradsusr] Archived ncep gfs model rainfall data

Charles Langton Vanya dolesibeni at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 09:59:42 EDT 2019

Dear All,
I am struggling to get archive model gfs or trmm rainfall data. I have
been trying using different links but I am an able to locate where
this data can be downloaded. The downloaded data can be an ascii(
eg.gfs_3_20120516_1200_fff.ascii)  format which is compatible with my
script.
I would like to process this data so that in the end I can have a
binary data for example Malawi_rainfall.bin
I have been trying from this  link:
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/dods/NCEP_GFS/",yearmon,"/",bdate,"/gfs_3_",bdate,"_0000_fff.ascii?
But I am not able to get the data as it seems the link is deprecated.
Does anyone know any link that can enable me access such kind of data.

I would appreciate any kind of assistance.
Best Regards,
Charles Langton Vanya (Bsc, MSc.Agrometeorology)
Department of Climate Change and Meteorological Services
P.O.Box 1808,
Blantyre,
Malawi
Cell:+265-888-980 545