[gradsusr] Running GrADS (Specifically g2grb) in Parallel

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 11 13:21:06 EDT 2018

Josh,

  Problems in running jobs in parallel usually are caused by a file that is
being "shared" when it shouldn't be.

g2grb.gs uses temporary files but there names are based on the output
file which is different in the parallel runs.

wgrib2 doesn't make temporary files and doesn't lock files.  So I don't
know what is causing your problem.   My suggestion is turn each of the
parallel jobs in its own directory.

Wesley