[gradsusr] Invert vertical levels

Muhammad Latif latif.met at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:50:04 EDT 2017

Dear GrADS users,

I am processing CMIP5 data for calculating vertically integrated moisture
transport from surface to 300 hPa pressure levels using CDO. I have a
problem with the processed file,as when I open the file in GrADS the
vertical coordinates are switched (z=1 corresponds to the highest pressure
level of 200hPa while Z=13 corresponds to the lowest level of 1000 hPa). I
have tried "cdo -sellevidx,1/13 ifile.nc ofile.nc", but the resultant file
doesn't get the inverted levels instead switched only one level if I used
"cdo -sellevidx,1 ifile.nc ofile.nc".
Could anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanking in advance and best regards

Latif

PhD student
CIIT, Islamabad, Pakistan