[gradsusr] Query regarding scorr function in grads

Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:01:47 EST 2017

Hi all
This is Suman Maity from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. I
have a very specific question. If I calculate spatial correlation over a
domain, it ill provide a single value considering values over all the grid
points of the studied domain. Now how to check the confidence level of that
correlation? In general we use t-distribution for finding that. Now since
in these cases, the no. of grid points is huge (~100000 or more), therefore
degrees of freedom (dof) is huge and there is no tabulated value for those
huge dof. I want to know how to declare the confidence level of those kind
of correlation where dof is huge?
Any kind of help will be highly solicited.

Thanks and Regards
'S Maity'

Research Scholar
Center for Ocean, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences(CORAL)
Indian Institute Of Technology Kharagpur.