[gradsusr] Templating GFS analyses

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 20 09:31:39 EST 2017

Dave,

Yes, it's a problem with g2ctl that was introduced with grib2ctl
v0.9.12.5beta3 (6/2006).
g2ct/grib2ctl need to find the 1st, 2nd and last files in chronological
order. The
older grib2ctl used a sorted list of the files to find the 1st, 2nd and
last files.  Then
NCEP decided to make forecast files with 2 digit or 3 digit forecast
hours.  That
prevented using the sorted list from determining the 3 files.  The newer
code
assumes that the datecode can have no extra characters.  Your files have
an underscore between the %d2 and %h2.  A fix will require some thinking.

Work around: rename the files so that there is no underscore between
the %d2 an %h2 fields.

Wesley