[gradsusr] Templating GFS analyses

Ryglicki, Dr. David david.ryglicki at nrlmry.navy.mil
Wed Dec 20 10:49:03 EST 2017

Wesley,

Thanks. That does work. Also, thanks to the other people who responded (I didn’t have the typo when I issued the command – honest!). Some simple awk’ing gets around this problem, but I was wondering if there was something else I was missing.

Jen and Victor – The first two digits after the 3rd underscore are the initialization hour. The “forecast” hour is the last group and it never changes from 000 (it’s all analyses). My files look like this (after I removed the offending underscore):

gfs_4_201207300000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207300600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207301200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207301800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207310000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207310600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207311200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201207311800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208010000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208010600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208011200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208011800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208020000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208020600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208021200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208021800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208030000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208030600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208031200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208031800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208040000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208040600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208041200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208041800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208050000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208050600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208051200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208051800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208060000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208060600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208061200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208061800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208070000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208070600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208081200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208081800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208090000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208090600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208091200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208091800_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208100000_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208100600_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208101200_000.grb2
gfs_4_201208101800_000.grb2

Would the initialization templating make that much of a difference then?

~Dave