[gradsusr] GFS hourly clouds output

Ivan Toman ivtoman at inet.hr
Thu Sep 29 16:19:41 EDT 2016

Hello,

Thank you for comment;

Yes of course it is single run.

Just to explain briefly what I do, because there is no reply, I started
to believe it is my mistake somewhere. But I do think I do everything OK
because all other things I postprocess are ok, including various ARW,
NMM, NMMB, "old" GFS, and so on.. and also all other fields from GFS is
OK, exept cloud cover.

So, I download series of grib2 GFS files from grib filter using time
advancing for loop in bash. After gribs are in place, I concatenate them
into single grib, by:
cat *pgrb2f* > $GRIBDIR/gfs.grib2

After that I run g2ctl and gribmap on that grib:
g2ctl -verf gfs.grib2 > gfs.grib2.ctl
gribmap -i gfs.grib2.ctl

Finally, I plot fields using GrADS, for cloud cover using TCDChcll,
TCDCmcll, TCDClcll and TCDCccll variables, in time advancing loop inside
GrADS over t:

while ( i <= last )
'set t 'i
endwhile