[gradsusr] GFS hourly clouds output

Mark Sponsler msponsler at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 17:29:04 EDT 2016

My guess is this variable is like some of the precip variables in that it accumulates over time. You have to subtract the value for  time increment 1 to get just the data for increment 2 (2 - 1) and maybe even for increment 3 (3  - 2 ).  It accumulates. That's what gives the graphics the 'pulsing' effect.

There's a thread somewhere in the archives about 'GFS precip' and how to calculate it. .

Thanks,
Mark Sponsler