[gradsusr] set xaxis and set log1d

Ryglicki, Dr. David, Contractor, Code 7533 david.ryglicki.ctr at nrlmry.navy.mil
Wed Jul 20 19:59:19 EDT 2016

GrADS list --

I'm trying to plot a simple time series on a log scale. If I plot it with a regular scale (vrange 1 70, set axis 0 144 6, d <var>), I get the top plot. Everything looks fine. If I "set log1d logv" and then issue the same commands as before, I get the second plot. The time series I'm using is model output which ends at time step 577. The 144 actually falls where it should on a scale from 1 to 577 -- notice that the 0 on the x-axis on the second plot is slightly offset. Is there a trick I'm missing or is this a purposeful constraint or is this a bug? I can't just use "set xlevs" because the way tdef is set to accommodate file names.

This is in GrADS v2.1.a2.

~Dave