[gradsusr] wgrib2.0.3

dzengiz.tafa at telenet.be dzengiz.tafa at telenet.be
Sat Feb 13 10:07:12 EST 2016

Hi

I havenw worked with the Arome model yet, but t o my knowledge you don't have to compile a windows version of wgrib or wgrib2 for that matter. These binaries (executables) are provided when you install "Opengrads"
https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/files/

What you then need to do is install Perl for windows, so you are able to run the perl scripts grib2ctl & g2ctl (for respectively grib1 & grib2 files)
I use "Activestate" for this. http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads

The windows installation of grads will place wgrib & such in the windows "environment vars", so you don't need to worry about those.

Hope this helps.

Best regards