[gradsusr] how to plot time series from a data with no linear time interval

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Sat Aug 20 09:28:52 EDT 2016

Hi, Bimal —
GrADS always requires a linear time axis. Without having actually looked at the file you linked to, my only suggestion would be to break it into small pieces, putting one time step per file and making sure your new filenames have a date string that reflects the time value for that file. Then you can use templating to aggregate them back together, and GrADS will populate the linear monthly time series with data when it exists and leave the other times missing.
—Jennifer