[gradsusr] How to use template option for .nc file (there is no .ctl, file)

lpasmanoranjan lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:20:45 EDT 2016

Dear Hoop,
Thank you very much for your reply. I tried it for 2 files after saving
sdfopent.gs in my scripts directory. But getting the following error.

My data directory: /home/data/pre/1995/01/
Number of Times: 2 (pre_1995_01_01.nc and pre_1995_01_02.nc)
(Kindly Note: each file has only one time data, so I changed the deltahr =
1 in the sdfopent.gs script at line 150)

Now I used the following command and got the subquent messages.

ga-> sdfopent /home/data/pre/1995/01/ pre_1995_01_01.nc pre_1995_01_%h2.nc 2
Defaulting optional DDF arg to out.ddf
yr1=1995.
netCDFfile= /home/data/pre/1995/01/ pre_1995_01_01.nc
Template= pre_1995_01_%h2.nc
NumTimes= 2
Time1= 00Z01JAN1995
Tstep= 1hr
DDF= out.ddf
gadsdf: Time dimension time is not an SDF dimension.
SDF Descriptor file out.ddf was not successfully opened & parsed.
Scanning Descriptor File:  out.ddf
gadsdf: Time dimension time is not an SDF dimension.
SDF Descriptor file out.ddf was not successfully opened & parsed.

SET Error:  No files open yet
SET Error:  No files open yet

I must be doing some mistake, can anybody please help me to sort this
problem. Thank you so much.

On 5 April 2016 at 02:23, Hoop <hoop at colorado.edu
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','hoop at colorado.edu');>> wrote:

> Mano,
>
> The standard script library:
>
> http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/library.html
>
> includes the script sdfopent.gs.  It takes two additional
> arguments beyond the one for sdfopen.  The second argument
> is a template, like "pre_%y4_%m2_%d2.nc", and the third is
> a count of time steps in the entire series.  The first argument
> would be the first path in the time series.  See:
>
> ftp://cola.gmu.edu/grads/scripts/sdfopent.gs
>
> -Hoop
>
> On 04/04/16 10:00, gradsusr-request at gradsusr.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','gradsusr-request at gradsusr.org');> wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 18:27:49 +0900
> > From: lpasmanoranjan <lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com');>>
> > Subject: [gradsusr] How to use template option for .nc file (there is
> >       no      .ctl file)
> > To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','gradsusr at gradsusr.org');>>
> >
> > Dear Users,
> > I am having a problem in viewing the following dataset as template
> option.
> > I have hourly dataset in .nc as following:
> >
> > 1995/01/pre_1995_01_01.nc
> > 1995/01/pre_1995_01_02.nc
> > 1995/01/pre_1995_01_03.nc
> > 1995/01/pre_1995_01_04.nc
> > 1995/01/pre_1995_01_05.nc
> > 1995/01/pre_1995_01_06.nc
> > and so on for 10 years
> >
> > *All individual datasets can be viewed in grads with sdfopen command*
> >
> > Can anybody please help me how to use template option.
> >
> > Thank you for any kind of help or suggestion in this regard.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Mano

Kind Regards,
Mano