[gradsusr] How can we write XDEF to open *.nc files?

Charles Vanya charles.vanya at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 22:23:16 EST 2014

Sorry for asking my question in a very poor way. But this is what I dd and I got this error?
------------------------------------
ga-> run c:/Users/CHARLES/Desktop/Grads/narropen.gs
must include following args:
narropen netCDFfile VarName NumTimes StartTime DeltaT [out.ddf] [VerticalCoord]
[HorizRes]
Where:
netCDFfile is full path to netcdf file
VarName is the variable name in netcdf file
NumTimes is the number of timesteps in the netCDF file
StartTime is the first time in the file (e.g. 00z01jan1979)
DeltaT is the time increment between timesteps (e.g. 3hr, 1dy, 1mo, or 1yr)
out.ddf is the optional full path to the generated ddf file ./.ddf is the default
VerticalCoord is one of following: sfc or press or subsfc (sfc default)
HorizRes is the resolution to regrid to: 0.33 or 1.0 (0.33 default)
ga->

Now the question is how can I use the script since it has no instruction on how to use it?

Charles Langton Vanya
(Principal Meteorologist)

Department of Climate Change and Meteorological Services,
Regional Government Offices-(Next to Immigration Office),
Box 1808
Blantyre,Malawi
Tel:       (+ 265) 1 822 014
Cell:     (+265) 888 980 545 / 999 380 545

Fax:     (+265) 1 822 215

"Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may remember; involve me and I will understand"