[gradsusr] How can we write XDEF to open *.nc files?

Charles Vanya charles.vanya at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 21:59:31 EST 2014

Thanks to Jennifer and Hoop for providing such kind of assistance.
 I have downloaded  the data file and I am using Grads on windows,now my next question is "How can I run this script when I am unable to open the file in Grads?".

I know  how to run some *.gs scripts where the scripts bears the path to the file you want to run. In this case I have several files in the smae folder but I just want one file called cape.2013.nc.

Should I  to put the script in the same folder as data?
I want some direction on what do I need to do say."How do I link this file and the script?"

Thanks all

Charles Langton Vanya
(Principal Meteorologist)

Department of Climate Change and Meteorological Services,
Regional Government Offices-(Next to Immigration Office),
Box 1808
Blantyre,Malawi
Tel:       (+ 265) 1 822 014
Cell:     (+265) 888 980 545 / 999 380 545

Fax:     (+265) 1 822 215

"Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may remember; involve me and I will understand"