[gradsusr] basemap.gs for Brazil

Marsh, Kieren k.marsh at geos-uae.com
Thu Jan 9 04:22:54 EST 2014

I think a better strategy would be to use the GrADS shapefile function as using and making basemap polygons is very time consuming (I have done it) and slow to plot.

You can get Ocean shapefiles from:  http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-physical-vectors/

You then need shapefiles for all S American countries to mask them out. You can get them from here:  http://www.diva-gis.org/gdata/

Another strategy might be: if you have some other dataset with data only over Brazil, then you could use the maskout function to only plot your data where your Brazil dataset has data.

Kieren