[gradsusr] Using Maskout Function To Compute Areal Average

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 22:54:16 EST 2014

Look at GrADS online document:
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfuncmaskout.html

You can open more than one data-descriptor file. Each file is numbered
according to the order in which it was opened.
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdopen.html

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Perry, Aaron @ LSC <Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
> wrote:

>  Good Evening All,
>
> I'm currently trying to compute an areal average and I have created a
> masked out control file with MeteoInfo for the area that I'd like to
> compute an average of.
>
> What do I do with the MeteoInfo-created .ctl file now?
>
> The reason why I ask is because there's already a .ctl file for the
> displayed data and now there's one for just the area and I don't think that
> I want to be using them both at the same time...
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Onward and Upward,
>
> Aaron D. Perry
> Boston, MA
> Lyndon State College '15
> Twitter: @AaronPerryLSC <https://twitter.com/AaronPerryLSC>
> Mobile: 617-780-4312

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com