[gradsusr] Using Maskout Function To Compute Areal Average

Kishore Ragi kishoreragi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 23:44:34 EST 2014

Perry,

you just open your data ctl file and then your maskout ctl file as 2.

for your area average: d
aave(maskout(your_var,mask.2(t=1)),lon=X1,lon=X2,lat=Y1,lat=Y2)

mask.2 shows that variable mask is second file and use always (t=1) for
mask as the t step is only.

Hope it solves your purpose!!!

Cheers,

Kishore