[gradsusr] Files for polar stereographic plotting

sim.aberson sim.aberson at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 2 15:02:45 EST 2014

On 1/2/14, 8:05 AM, Davide Sacchetti wrote:
> if you are not using PDEF then grads expects your data are on a regular
> grid, that is, in your ex., 360x360 points.
> If xdef is 360 grads expects that at latitude -90 you still have 360
> longitude points.
> The shift could arise from fortran: grads expects no extra bytes used
> for record control, fortran uses these extra bytes, unless you specify
> form='unformatted', recordtype='fiexed', recordsize=... in your open
> statement.
> Check file dimensions against xdef*ydef*nlevs*ntime*nvars*4: the size
> should match perfectly this number, otherwise use 'options sequential'
> in your ctl
> it could solve

xdef*ydef*nlevs*ntime*nvars*4 is 2 bytes off from what I have.  When I
added sequential to the options, it did not solve the problem.

In addition, I removed the polar point

  YDEF    299   LINEAR   -89.9909909 0.009009

and got the same result.

Fortran no longer supports recordtype='fixed.'  I have it writing
sequential files.

Thanks,
Sim

--
Sim Aberson         AOML/Hurricane Research Division          Miami, FL
     "Hurricane states erect statues in my honor." -- David Sedaris