[gradsusr] Files for polar stereographic plotting

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Thu Jan 2 08:05:35 EST 2014

if you are not using PDEF then grads expects your data are on a regular
grid, that is, in your ex., 360x360 points.
If xdef is 360 grads expects that at latitude -90 you still have 360
longitude points.
The shift could arise from fortran: grads expects no extra bytes used
for record control, fortran uses these extra bytes, unless you specify
form='unformatted', recordtype='fiexed', recordsize=... in your open
statement.
Check file dimensions against xdef*ydef*nlevs*ntime*nvars*4: the size
should match perfectly this number, otherwise use 'options sequential'
in your ctl
it could solve

bye bye
Davide

--> Attenzione cambio indirizzo: davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
--
Davide Sacchetti
Centro Funzionale Meteo Idrologico di Protezione Civile della Regione Liguria