[gradsusr] Files for polar stereographic plotting

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Fri Jan 3 03:35:31 EST 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 15:02 -0500, sim.aberson wrote:
> On 1/2/14, 8:05 AM, Davide Sacchetti wrote:
> > if you are not using PDEF then grads expects your data are on a regular
> > grid, that is, in your ex., 360x360 points.
> > If xdef is 360 grads expects that at latitude -90 you still have 360
> > longitude points.
> > The shift could arise from fortran: grads expects no extra bytes used
> > for record control, fortran uses these extra bytes, unless you specify
> > form='unformatted', recordtype='fiexed', recordsize=... in your open
> > statement.
> > Check file dimensions against xdef*ydef*nlevs*ntime*nvars*4: the size
> > should match perfectly this number, otherwise use 'options sequential'
> > in your ctl
> > it could solve
>
> xdef*ydef*nlevs*ntime*nvars*4 is 2 bytes off from what I have.  When I
> added sequential to the options, it did not solve the problem.

for what I remember, using form='unformatted' fortran adds 2 or 4 bytes
for each record. Option sequential should solve: it works if your
fortran writing is like this:

do jlat=1,nlat
 write(nunit) (record(ilon),ilon=1,nlon)
enddo
(then NLAT records)

aren't you using something like:

write(nunit) ((record(ilon,jlat),ilon=1,nlon),jlat=1,nlat)
(then just ONE record?)

bye bye
Davide

--> Attenzione cambio indirizzo: davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
--
Davide Sacchetti
Centro Funzionale Meteo Idrologico di Protezione Civile della Regione Liguria