[gradsusr] netcdf - descriptor file ctl

Celso Bandeira de Melo Ribeiro celso.bandeira at ufjf.edu.br
Sat Oct 5 21:59:37 EDT 2013

Hello Andrew,

I need a little more help with descriptor file (ctl).

I can open the file NetCDF one-by-one, using the descriptor file that you
sent me, p.ex.:

DSET ^ET_2000M02.nc
UNDEF 0
YDEF length 526 LINEAR -20.25 0.05
XDEF rows 651 LINEAR -80.05 0.05
VARS 1
ET=>et 0 x,y ET
ENDVARS

It works fine!

But when I try open using the template for different months
(ET_2000M01.nc, ET_2000M02.nc, ET_2000M03.nc, ..., ET_2000M05.nc) it
doesn't work. The descriptor file that I am using is:

DSET ^ET_20%y2M%m2.nc
OPTIONS template
UNDEF 0
YDEF length 526 LINEAR -20.25 0.05
DTYPE netcdf
TDEF 5 linear Jan2000 1mo
VARS 1
ET=>et 0 t,x,y ET
ENDVARS

The error message that appear is:

ga-> xdfopen amazon_ok1.ctl
Scanning Descriptor File:  amazon_ok1.ctl
gadxdf error: Missing or invalid dimension size.
  --> The invalid description file record is:
  --> tdef 5 linear jan2000 1mo
  The data file was not opened.
ga->

Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

Celso

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 16:17:59 -0700, Andrew Friedman <andfried at berkeley.edu>
wrote:
> Glad to hear it worked!
>
> On Oct 3, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Celso Bandeira de Melo Ribeiro
> <celso.bandeira at ufjf.edu.br> wrote:
>
>> Hello Andrew,
>> It worked fine now.
>> Thank you for all the help and attention.
>> Best wishes.
>> Celso
>>

>> On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 14:35:59 -0700, Andrew Friedman
>> <andfried at berkeley.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Celso,
>>> Try the attached control file. I made a couple of changes, but I think
>> the
>>> main issue was that your x and y dimensions were misplaced.
>>> Andrew

Prof. Celso Bandeira de Melo Ribeiro
Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora - UFJF
Faculdade de Engenharia, Plataforma 4
Departamento de Engenharia Ambiental e Sanitaria
Bairro Martelos, Juiz de Fora (MG) CEP. 36036-900
tel. (32) 2102-3400
Visiting Scholar in Texas A&M University