[gradsusr] NARR Dataset - Precipitation

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 2 10:40:27 EST 2013

Brian,

   In the NARR files, the fields like the winds, heights, temperature are
analyses.  The APCP is
a 0-3 hour forecast.  It's time stamp may be 3 hours after the analysis
time. (Consequently you would
have to change the time to view.)  It depends on how the ctl/idx files were
created.  More details are given by

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/grib2ctl.html

Wesley Ebisuzaki