[gradsusr] Decoding ECMWF Data

Becker, Bernd bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Aug 7 04:13:57 EDT 2013

try the following nuonces in the way you describe Z in the .ctl files:

Multilevel data:

zdef 6 levels
1000 850 700 500 200 10
tdef 33 linear 00Z18Jul2013 1dy
vars 1
Z         6  129,100,    0 ** geopotential             gsmtercboundary2 [gm]

and single level

z     0 129, 99 ,0   ** 500 hPa Geopotential                           gsmobstercboundary2 [m**2 s**-2]

and

z     0 129, 100,500   ** 500 hPa Geopotential

good luck!
Bernd

--
Bernd Becker   Climate Impacts Product Development
Met Office Hadley Centre    FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United Kingdom