[gradsusr] Decoding ECMWF Data

Andrew Revering andy at f5data.com
Wed Aug 7 01:21:06 EDT 2013

I'm having a hard time with *some* ECMWF data that I'm subscribed to.
I am using grads (opengrads), gribmap & grib2ctl.pl to generate the CTL &
IDX files. The file format is Grib1.
- Using grib2ctl version 0.9.12.6
- Using gribmap "for grads version 2.0.1.oga.1"
- Using wgrib 1.8.1.0b

The problem exists with 'level' data, but not all level data. In the
example below, I can map the 850mb winds, but not the 500mb.
Try

set lev 500
d uprs

as an example. I get an 'entire grid undefined' message.

I was able to open the data using the tkdegrib package and output uprs @
500mb level in CSV format, and see that indeed the data is in there and
looks good. Just can't visualize it in Grads for some reason.

Here's a temporary link to example files:
http://www.f5data.net/temp/

Any thoughts?

Andrew Revering - Follow
@andrewrevering<https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=andrewrevering&source=email&variant=2.0&xd_token=ceae5c40173e5>on