[gradsusr] any help/thoughts?

Muthuvel Chelliah - NOAA Federal muthuvel.chelliah at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 16 12:34:34 EDT 2013

Thanks all for your suggestions.
(My data is daily, not monthly :-(  )

I managed finally to get done what I wanted to do,
by defining all the masks outside in a fortran program,
and bringing them via a control file, which I really did not
want to do in the first place.

I thought I can do it all in grads (don't we all! sometimes :-) ) , since
I repeatedly wanted to set various sub periods of a defined variable
to undef, which appears to be not possible (That is, in a 2001
to 2010 long daily 'defined/created' variable,  I wanted to
successively in diff.steps. That is,  set first only the 2001 data to undef,
compute something, then set only the 2002 data to undef
and so on.)

Anyway, much thanks for your suggestions and time,
which is appreciated.

Muthu