[gradsusr] Run GRDAS in windows 7

Serge Claudio Rafanoharana rafanoharana at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:05:02 EDT 2012

Dear Venkat,

Based on my experience, this ‘GXSTRT unable to connect to X server’ is more
related to Internet connexion. I mean I have OpenGrads in both Vista and
Windows 7. When I am connected to the Internet, I have no problem running
Grads. However, if I am not connected to the Internet, I receive this
message.
Hope it can help.

Cheers,
Serge

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Venkat Kolluru <Venkat.Kolluru at erm.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I downloaded all the windows related softwares and installed it.
>
> When I run grads, It runs ok and then it stops with the following error
>
> ‘GXSTRT unable to connect to X server’
>
> But when I run in batch mode I get the command  prompt ga->
>
> Then I tried to run the script obtained from one of GDS servers.
>

> sdfopen
> http://www.usgodae.org/dods/GDS/nogaps_comp/NOGAPS_comp_grid_vlm-0000
>
>  I get unhandled exception?
>

> Can you please tell me as what I am doing wrong here?
>

> Thanks
>
> Venkat

> Venkat S. Kolluru
>
> Technical Director, Surfacewater Modeling Group
>

> ERM
>
> 350 Eagleview Boulevard, Suite 200
>
> Exton, PA 19341-1180
>

> Tel: 610 524 3654
>
> Mob: 610 764 0579
>

> www.erm.com
>
> venkat.kolluru at erm.com

> This message contains information which may be confidential, proprietary,
> privileged, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure or use by a third
> party. If you have received this message in error, please contact us
> immediately and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely
> from your computer system. Thank you.
>
> Please visit ERM's web site: http://www.erm.com

Serge