[gradsusr] Run GRDAS in windows 7

Venkat Kolluru Venkat.Kolluru at erm.com
Wed Oct 3 16:34:31 EDT 2012

Hi,
I downloaded all the windows related softwares and installed it.
When I run grads, It runs ok and then it stops with the following error
'GXSTRT unable to connect to X server'
But when I run in batch mode I get the command  prompt ga->
Then I tried to run the script obtained from one of GDS servers.

sdfopen http://www.usgodae.org/dods/GDS/nogaps_comp/NOGAPS_comp_grid_vlm-0000

I get unhandled exception?

Can you please tell me as what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks
Venkat

Venkat S. Kolluru
Technical Director, Surfacewater Modeling Group

ERM
350 Eagleview Boulevard, Suite 200
Exton, PA 19341-1180

Tel: 610 524 3654
Mob: 610 764 0579

www.erm.com<http://www.erm.com/>
venkat.kolluru at erm.com<mailto:venkat.kolluru at erm.com>

This message contains information which may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure or use by a third party. If you have received this message in error, please contact us immediately and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system. Thank you.