[gradsusr] Generating image overlay for Open Street Map / Mercator Projection

Jonas Kaufmann me at j0nes.de
Thu May 31 08:46:12 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to generate an image with GrADS that should cover the
whole world. The image should be based on an forecast from the GFS
model. I want to use this image as a layer on top of Open Street Map.

I can already create an image without borders, labels etc that I can
put on my map. However it seems that the projection still is wrong,
e.g. the continent borders drawn by GrADS do not match the borders on
the map. I think this might be related to the map projection used, in
OSM this should be Mercator projection which is not available in
GrADS. The complete script can be found at the bottom of the mail.

Is there a way to make the forecast map fit on OSM?

Thank you for your help!

Jonas

-------

'open gfs'