[gradsusr] Generating image overlay for Open Street Map / Mercator Projection

Chris Slocum cslocum at atmos.colostate.edu
Thu May 31 11:05:10 EDT 2012

Hi Jonas,

I too have been looking for a Mercator projection to
use with something like Open Street Map. To date,
I do not think there is a public extension for a Mercator
projection but the idea has been bounced around.

I know that Weather Underground had someone
develop the projection for their WunderMap so it
is possible to do.

In the interim, you could look at the GeoTIFF option.

-Chris