[gradsusr] Creating Shape file using grads

Meredith Croke mcroke at airdat.com
Mon Jun 18 08:45:44 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to create a single shape file for one parameter for all forecast hours of our model run (0-84).  I need the script to loop through all the forecast hours and continue to write the info below the previous hour, instead it is outputting the new hours next to the previous hours. It also appears to be merging all the parameter data (ie windspeeds) into one column, so I have repetitive columns saying the type and description but only one column that contains wind values.  Does anyone know what I need to change in my script to get each forecast hour to output below the previous hours?

Thank you for your help.

Meredith

Meredith S. Croke
Senior Meteorologist