[gradsusr] (no subject)

Lin, Shiyong sylin at sfwmd.gov
Mon Jun 18 08:01:17 EDT 2012

Hello, I am Shiyong Lin work in  South Florida Water Management District.
We have used grads scripts in our MODFLOW hydrologic modeling head data animation.

1>Following is the question:

"How to accurately overlay model data with background image:
Inside the background image, there is rectangle model boundary. There are some space between model boundary and background image edge.
Our MODLFOW head data needs to be accurately overlaid with the model boundary of the background image map".

2>Real application example: We had some contract help in developing a script which we are now trying to enhance.

     A>  associated script code:

      'open head.ctl' ;* defines MODFLOW results in the binary file head.dat
      * set constants -------------------------------------------
      xmin =   0.0         ;* x domain range
      xmax =  149.0
      ymin.1=  0.0         ;* y domain range
      ymax.1= 180.0
      * plots in inches on paper
      * Portrait
      ximin=1.67     ;* basemap4f.png
      ximax=8.30
      yimin=0.50
      yimax= 8.57
      *
      xdif=(ximax-ximin)/(xmax-xmin)
     ydif=(yimax-yimin)/(ymax.nframe-ymin.nframe)

     'set parea 'ximin' 'ximax' 'yimin' 'yimax''

     'printim 'xfig'.eps -b 'fmap'                     -t 0 white'

      Here the fmap is the background image and xfig is the model data.

      B> question:
                  The code works, but I don't understand how they get the numbers:
      ximin=1.67     ;* basemap4f.png
      ximax=8.30
      yimin=0.50
      yimax= 8.57
      Attached is the background map

we are new users of GrADS, we also hope to use this opportunity to develop contacts with some very knowledgeable and experienced people.
Potentially, we may be looking for some formal training or expert assistance on GrADS.
Thanks you very much.

Shiyong Lin
Email: sylin at sfwmd.gov<mailto:sylin at sfwmd.gov>
Phone: (561) 682-2559

We value your opinion. Please take a few minutes to share your comments on the service you received from the District by clicking on this link<http://my.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/pg_grp_surveysystem/survey%20ext?pid=1653>.