[gradsusr] How to create a time series in a grid point, using a series of GRIB files with only one time each

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:28:09 EST 2012

Grib file is composed of independent messages, so the concatenating
method is quite easy.

Windows: copy /b file1.grib+file2.grib newfile.grib

Linux: cat file1.grib file2.grib > newfile.grib

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You don't need to go through the mess of concatenating GRIB files.  Just
> write a control file for one of the GRIB files and use templates over time
> to tell Grads to open several files at once.  You'll have to adjust your
> TDEF line as well, then use the gribmap utility to create an index file for
> the template control file you made.
>
> Jeff Duda
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Miquel Traveria <traveria at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I want to create (display) a time series of temperature at one grid point.
>> I downloaded 8 consecutive GRIB files with the Temperature over an area, and
>> I want to  concatenate all the files in a sigle file to use GRADS to display
>> the time series over one node. How can I concatenate the files?
>>
>> Or there is another possibility in GRADS to load the 8 files and display a
>> time series in a node?
>>
>> Any help will be very welcome!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Miquel

> Jeff Duda
> Graduate research assistant
> University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology
> Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com