[gradsusr] How to create a time series in a grid point, using a series of GRIB files with only one time each

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:43:20 EST 2012

You don't need to go through the mess of concatenating GRIB files.  Just
write a control file for one of the GRIB files and use
templates<http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/templates.html>over time to
tell Grads to open several files at once.  You'll have to
adjust your TDEF line as well, then use the gribmap utility to create an
index file for the template control file you made.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Miquel Traveria <traveria at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to create (display) a time series of temperature at one grid point.
> I downloaded 8 consecutive GRIB files with the Temperature over an area,
> and I want to  concatenate all the files in a sigle file to use GRADS to
> display the time series over one node. How can I concatenate the files?
>
> Or there is another possibility in GRADS to load the 8 files and display a
> time series in a node?
>
> Any help will be very welcome!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Miquel