[gradsusr] missing WRF output at various pressure levels

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:25:42 EDT 2012

Jonathan,
With the dimensions of your data set, I would not be surprised if the file
bb_p.dat got too big for ARWpost to continue processing.  I had problems
like that with WRF output in the past if I tried to get ARWpost to write
all time levels into one file.  However, it would give me an error message
when I ran it.  Did you see such an error message?  Either way I think the
problem is in your data file rather than in your control file or in Grads.
Check the size of your file and compare it to the value of
332*165*37*1105*8*4 = 71669769600, which is what the size of your .dat file
should be if all the arrays in it are single precision floating point type.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Jonathan Wynn Smith <
jwynnsmith.help at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> When I look at WRF-Chem output at various pressures levels in ncview, the
> output is displayed clearly.
>
> However, when viewing the output with grads, the output is missing at
> various pressure levels after timestep 745 out of 1105.   When I say
> missing, I get a nice contour plot for timesteps 1 to 745 but blank map
> with the message "Enitre Domain Undefined" after timestep 745.  I have the
> output printed on 34 pressure levels in ARWpost
>
> I have tried running ARWpost for timestep 745 to 1105 for those missing
> timesteps, but I end up with a total set of missing output.  I have
> attached my control file. Please let me know if I am in error.
>
> Thanks
> Jonathan

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant