[gradsusr] Draw lat lon grid lines after draw map

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:33:28 EDT 2012

Tom,
Try defining a new field that has valid data.  The time it is valid is
irrelevant, but make sure it covers the same area as the data you are
plotting.  When a time comes that the data you are plotting are gone but
that you still want to create a map, plot that created field instead, but
make sure all colors are set to the background color (#0), and use gxout
shaded.  See if that doesn't work.

Jeff Duda

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Thomas Robinson <ter at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Aloha GrADS Users,
>
> I have a few time steps in my data that have no data but I still want to
> produce a map for those times.  When there is data, a map is drawn with a
> border an latitude and longitude lines.  If there is no data and i use the
> command 'draw map' only the land map is drawn but there are no latitude and
> longitude lines, nor is there a border.  I am wondering if there is a way
> to draw the latitude, longitude and border lines in so that when I have no
> data, the map is exactly the same as when there is data.
>
> -Tom
>
> --
> Tom Robinson
> President Graduate Student Organization
> Student Caucus Representative for the Graduate Student Organization
> Graduate Student - Department of Meteorology
> 732-718-2323

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant