[gradsusr] Second file display not working. why?

Roger Rodrigues Torres roger.torres at cptec.inpe.br
Tue Sep 20 07:54:58 EDT 2011

Dear Rupak,
you're wellcome.
Another suggestion to you is to open the files independently, even the
timescales is not the same. Then, if you whish to analyze the difference
between 2070-2098 and 1961-90 period (e.g. annual mean), you can proceed in
the following way:
1) open the files indenpendently, and find the correspondent T range that
correspond two wich period;
2) open both files in the script, and from now on, you need to especify the
correspondent time when you call the varible. For example:

'open file1.ctl' (file from 1961 to 1990, with 360 time steps)
'open file2.ctl' (file from 2011 to 2098, with 1056 time steps)

'define PRES=var.1*0'
'define FUT=var.2*0'

count=1
while(count<=360)
'define PRES=PRES+var.1(t='count')/360'
count=count+1
endwhile

count=697 (the value that you have found in the step 1)
while(count<=1056)
'define FUT=FUT+var.2(t='count')/360'
count=count+1
endwhile