[gradsusr] gribmap not working with grib2 ice

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 22 13:09:03 EDT 2011

Jennifer,

PDS Template 4.15 was designed for regridding a field.  For example, you
have
a high-resolution field that you want to send to the field as a
low-resolution grid.
A pilot may want to know the average and peak winds in his 1x1 degree box
for flight planning.  That would more practical than giving, for
example, a 8 km grid.
All template 4.15 tells you that the grid was converted into a new grid
and how
the conversion was done.

      Wesley

   *extracted*