[gradsusr] Isentropic variables and ctl files

Kevin Huyck kb9wob at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 00:58:06 EDT 2011

Hello, everyone.

I'm working with Bob Hart's isentropic field script. One of my goals is to
process guidance for several isentropic levels, store the variables in a
file (NetCDF is the method of choice, at present), then retrieve each of the
isentropic levels by way of the "set lev" command with each of the
isentropic surfaces listed in the .ctl file under "zdef 9 levels" as  "290
292 294 296 298 300 302 304 306". Is there a method or process to execute
the isentropic script several times for several isentropic surfaces and
store the output in a single variable? For testing I'm working with NAM
data.

Many thanks,

Kevin Huyck.