[gradsusr] Logic error 8 in gxshad

Sudev Das M P devdas.pnr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 07:27:57 EDT 2011

Hai,

I have Levitus 94 potential temperature monthly data file which
is in ".cdf" format. I got it from the following link.
http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.LEVITUS94/.MONTHLY/.theta/?help+datafiles

I am using Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.a6.

I can make the contour plot, by using the command "set gxout contour".
ga-> sdfopen data.cdf
Scanning self-describing file:  data.cdf
SDF file data.cdf is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -89.5 89.5
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 1960:1:16:5 1960:1:16:5
E set to 1 1
ga-> q file
File 1 :
  Descriptor: data.cdf
  Binary: data.cdf
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 360  Ysize = 180  Zsize = 19  Tsize = 12  Esize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
     theta  19  t,z,y,x  potential temperature
ga-> set gxout contour
ga-> d theta
Contouring: -3 to 30 interval 3

But while I try to make the shaded plot, using the command "set gxout
shaded",
I am getting the following error message. Please tell me
how to solve this problem.
File 1 :
  Descriptor: data.cdf
  Binary: data.cdf
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 360  Ysize = 180  Zsize = 19  Tsize = 12  Esize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
     theta  19  t,z,y,x  potential temperature
ga-> set gxout shaded
ga-> d theta
Contouring: -3 to 30 interval 3
Logic error 8 in gxshad