[gradsusr] zinterp.gs

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Mon Apr 25 21:13:34 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Jeffrey Duda <jdduda at iastate.edu> wrote:

> Meredith,
> I know the way Grads scripting works can be confusing with the quoting of
> commands and calling of functions.  That's all you're doing wrong.  I've
> attached an edited version of your zinterp.gs file to show you how to do
> it.  Notice that I only changed the top few lines.  To work this, you need
> to run the zinterp.gs script.  Your test3.gs script would work but you
> need to remove the call from any quotes and you need the actual code that
> makes up the function to be located within the script file.  Unfortunately
> Grads doesn't know that your function is sitting in some other .gs file,
> even if it is in the same directory.

If you are using an opengrads build, another possibility is to implement
zinterp.gs as a GS udf as explained here:

     http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/gsudf/

Better yet, the opengrads bundle comes with zinterp() implemented as an
extension:

     zinterp(FIELD,ZGRID,ZLEV,[-l|-s|-p])<http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/libbjt/libbjt.html#zinterp_field_zgrid_zlev__l_s_p__>

 so just use it.

    Arlindo