[gradsusr] Problems with wgrib2.exe : No output 0k file

pierre.lacombe at mddep.gouv.qc.ca pierre.lacombe at mddep.gouv.qc.ca
Wed Sep 8 10:17:07 EDT 2010

Developpement durable,
Environnement et Parcs
Quebec

I am a user of Windows XP.

We are currently using grib1 format and it work perfectly.

I am trying to use the grib2 format  with the forcast at the site
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/gfs-avn-hi/

I am able to download these files with wget without difficulties.

Then I use perl with the programme file g2clt and then i am unable to
obtain a ctl files.

When i analyse the g2ctl file i find that the wgrib2.exe executable is
making an output as 0k

and i have a "Big Problem" in the output of g2ctl.

My wgrib2 is in the Path variable of the windows system.

My output file is accessible and is not read only file.

I a cygwin1.dll with wgrib2.exe in the opengrads

I don't know what to think of this exept that wgrib2 is not working
correctly.

I have the vesrion v0.178e of wgrib2

I have a version 2 of grads

My Wgrib2 went with my installation of opengrads

Why is wgrib functionning and not wgrib2?

Also i tested wgrib2 with the command -csv and then no output 0k

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you for your ideas and you time

Pierre Lacombe
Computer Analyst