[gradsusr] Problem with fwrite and CTL file

Mubashar Dogar mubashardogar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 17:30:21 EDT 2010

Dear Doug,

Thanks a lot. Your idea works.

Regards,

Mubashar

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:34:41 +0100
From: "Clark, Douglas B" <dbcl at ceh.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] Problem with fwrite and CTL file
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>

Mubashar,

Is the file you wrote the correct size? (e.g. use 'ls -l' on unix)
I think you might find that it is slightly larger than expected because, I
think, GrADS might repeat data around 0degE because of the way it sets the
dimensions for a default global plot.
Use 'q dims' to see what the x grid cords are before the fwrite step. You
might get something like "0 to 144" rather than the "1 to 144" you might
expect. Then either explicitly add 'set x 1 144' in your script, or rewrite
your final ctl file to have (say) 145 x points.

I'm guessing all this because I have made similar mistakes in the past!

Doug