[gradsusr] strange behavior with GrADS 2.0.a8

Huddleston, John Huddleston at cira.colostate.edu
Wed Sep 1 17:12:12 EDT 2010

Don,

I did some extra reading and solved this problem.  FTP sites do not send the headers; so, I edited your nam1hr shell script and changed the http address to a ftp address. The NCEP ftp address is ' ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/nam/prod/...'  Don't forget the 'pub' addition.

I also edited Wesley's get_grib perl script and changed http to ftp on line 29.

It will now grab the NAM files correctly.

If you want to keep Wesley's scripts intact, make a copy and edit your shell script to call the new copy.

John Huddleston, PhD
Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere