[gradsusr] Problem with ipcc data

Roger Rodrigues Torres roger.torres at cptec.inpe.br
Tue Oct 19 15:03:22 EDT 2010

Dear Ismaila,

I'm working with this dataset and I faced the same problem with you.
I found 2 manners to cope with it:
1) It is possible to open with an old version of Grads (grads-1.9b4) or
2) to trasform these data to Grb by CDO.
But, as mentioned by our colleague Jennifer Adams

"Do not use 'sdfopen' with version 1.9 to look at files with a 365-day
calendar -- the time axis info will likely be incorrect. You must use 'open'
or 'xdfopen' and provide the full TDEF information. This has been discussed
at length in the forum, see for example: "

http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2009-January/008103.html

http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2009-April/008489.html

http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2009-December/010064.html

Cheers,
Roger

2010/10/19 Ismaila Diallo <ismailadiallo64 at yahoo.fr>

> Dear Grads user
> i have ipcc data who are in netcdf format and i can't open them whith
> sdfopen.
> Can anyone help me or give me some idea who will help me to resolve this
> problem
> thanks and best whishes

Roger Rodrigues Torres
Ph.D. Student
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)
Center for Weather Forecast and Climate Studies (CPTEC)
Phone: 55 12 3186-9541
Personal Webpage: http://rtorres.webnode.com.br