[gradsusr] plotting station and model time series

Mira Losic mlosic at envsci.rutgers.edu
Sat Nov 6 18:45:03 EDT 2010

Hi again everyone,
I just wanted to say that I figured this one out on my own (finally!), and
I'll just briefly mention how I corrected the problem in case anyone else
ever stumbles upon the same issue.
The problem was that when I set the lat and lon for the wrf out file
(gridded data), the values were not set to be exactly the same but the
closest grid point.  Thus, when I tried to open the station data, the lat
and lon values were not exactly matching between the station data file and
what was set in GrADS.
A way to get around this was to open each file separately, define the lat
lon and variable at hand, and subsequently close the file.  This way I
could always reset the lat and lon for either grid or station data
individually for each new file I opened.  Hope this might help someone in
the future.
Cheers,
Mira